LTAGateway Privacy Statement
What this Privacy Statement Covers
This LTAGateway Inc. Privacy Statement is applicable to how LTAGateway treats personal information collected by us through our websites and offline. It does not apply to those sites that do not display or link to this Privacy Statement or that have their own privacy statements (including those listed at the right). Please read the Privacy Statement below and those privacy statements of all the websites you visit.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We will always tell you before we collect any Personal Information from you and will inform you of the purpose of the collection. “Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a Solution, or carry out a transaction that you have requested. On some of our websites, we may collect third party Personal Information such as name, email and phone number, and we will assume that you have the third party's permission to provide us the information. This information is only collected and used for the purpose it was intended. Some of the reasons we collect your Personal Information include:
- registration for an account or Solution
- requesting information about us or our Solutions
- use of certain features of our Solutions
- requesting service and support for our Solutions and providing such support
- placement of a transaction or order
- registration to attend a seminar or webinar
- participation in an online survey
- submission of an entry for a sweepstakes or other promotion
- participation in discussion groups or forum
- collaboration efforts
- registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- when you apply for a job
- customizing the advertising and content you see
- during testing admissions process and when a computer based certification test is administered to you.
- provision of anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your Personal Information is used without your consent. Some of the ways we may use your Personal Information include to:
- process your orders and deliver the Solutions that you have ordered.
- keep you up to date on the latest Solution announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information, provided that you can edit your marketing preferences at any time as described below. This may occasionally include information from other companies about products and services that can add value to your Solutions.
- provide support and assistance for our Solutions, including the provision of security patches (if applicable).
- provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- provide customer feedback and support.
- provide and administer contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on our websites.
- conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest to you.
- allow you to forward information to another individual, such as a friend or co-worker who you believe is interested in receiving the information. LTAGateway does not store the personal information of the third party. We use the email address and contact name (if applicable) for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email on your behalf.
- meet contract obligations.
- administer and process your certification exams.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information.
Each promotional email from us includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing. You may also unsubscribe from various promotional communications by sending a message using the contact information below. Please be sure to include your name, email address and specific relevant information about the material that you no longer wish to receive to: LTAGateway, Inc., Legal 10531 4S Commons Drive, #541 San Diego CA 92127; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-personal/Anonymous Information Collection
In some instances, LTAGateway may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website. Please read the “Cookies” section below for more information.
In addition, by using some of our Solutions, anonymous network information may be transmitted back to us such as: the health of the Solution and types of devices attached to the network. With this information we can determine how users are interacting with the Solution, to assist us with improving it, and to provide alerts via the Solution of available software updates/upgrades.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, share or trade your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
Security of Your Personal Information
LTAGateway is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. When we transfer sensitive personal data (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Like many websites, LTAGateway uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer, which is a unique address assigned to your PC by your Internet Service Provider or Information Systems Department on a TCP/IP network) and clickstream behavior (for example, the pages you view and the links you click). These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
From time to time we may supplement Personal Information collected on our website with information from other commercially available sources that we deem credible, such as business contact databases. This is to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect and help us provide a better service.
Our websites and Solutions may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by our Privacy Statement. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on these (and all) sites you visit.
If you participate in a discussion forum or chat room on a LTAGateway website, you should be aware that the personal and other information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, and can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, potentially inside or outside LTAGateway, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. This personal information collected could also be used to send you unsolicited messages. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of LTAGateway. We are not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews which may contain personal information including name, title and photograph. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
LTAGateway does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
We may transfer your Personal Information to LTAGateway in the United States of America, to any subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf, for the purposes of processing or storage, and by providing any Personal Information to us you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information in the United States of America.
Your California Privacy Rights
Questions or comments?
We value your opinions. Should you have any privacy-related questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please send an email to email@example.com.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
LTAGateway may update this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently.